Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Christmas Classic Recipe
Get your bake on this Christmas with this tasty shortbread recipe.
Oven Temp: 160
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Chilling time:1 hour
Dietary: GF, DF, V
1. Line 2 trays with non stick baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together.
3. Add the vanilla essence.
4. Gradually add the flour and mix well.
5. Mix in the Xantham gum.
6. Then add the D&D Choc Chips.
7. Bring the dough together, you will need to use your hands to press it together.
8. Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
9. Take the dough out the fridge and slice and hand sized piece off, to work with.
10. Put a small amount of flour on your work surface to avoid the dough sticking.
11. Roll out to about 1cm thick.
12. Then using a cutter cut out your shapes (hearts).
13. Repeat until all your dough is used.
14. I chose to do the biscuits one by one as this stops the dough being over worked.
15. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes til light brown on the edge of the biscuits.
16. Allow to completely cool on the baking trays. Do not be tempted to move as they will crumble.
17. Enjoy !