Chocolate Orange Easter Biscuits
Amazing biscuits made with our very own Dairy Free Chocolate chips.
4 ½ oz / 120g Dairy Free Butter (Flora Plant Butter Unsalted/Stork Block)
4 ½ oz / 120g Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon orange essence
Zest of 1 orange
1 Med Egg (Free & Easy Egg replacer – 1 egg =1 teaspoon& 2 tablespoon water)
8oz / 250g Gluten Free Plain Flour
1 tsp Xantham Gum
4oz / 115g Dairy Free Butter (Flora Plant Butter Unsalted/Stork Block)
7oz / 200g Icing Sugar
1oz / 25g D&D Dairy Free Chocolate drops (melted)
2oz / 55g D&D Dairy Free Chocolate drops (Melted)
1. Cream the (room temperature) Butter and Sugar together.
2. Add the orange essence and zest.
3. Have your flour weighed out ready to use.
4. Add the Eggs (Egg replacer if you are doing the vegan version) gradually, adding small amounts of flour so the mixture does not split.
5. Finally add your Xantham gum. (don’t over work the mix)
6. The dough will seem quite wet at this stage but don’t worry.
7. Place the dough in some Clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30- 40 minutes.
8. Take the dough out the fridge and roll out on a floured surface.
9. Roll to approx. 1 cm thick. I used a 7cm circular cutter for my biscuits.
10. Place on a lined baking tray spacing apart to allow for spreading.
11. Bake for 12- 15 minutes until lightly coloured.
12. Allow biscuits to cool completely.
13. While your biscuits are cooling you can make the icing filling.
14. Mix the Dairy Free Butter and Icing sugar together.
15. Melt the D&D Dairy Free Drops and allow to cool slightly.
16. Mix the melted chocolate into the icing mix.
17. When the biscuits are cool, add the icing to one biscuit (flat side) and sandwich another biscuit on top.
18. Now you can decorate the biscuits.
19. Melt the D&D Dairy Free Chocolate Drops in a container wider than your biscuit.
This will allow you to dip the biscuits, to create the half and half look, or you can simply drizzle your melted chocolate over the biscuits.
20. Allow the chocolate to set.
21. Enjoy a decadent self-indulgent treat!