Easter Chocolate Cupcakes
A Classic recipe for an Easter Treat
These cakes are enjoyable for all ages, easy to follow recipe to follow along.
7oz / 200g Dairy Free Butter (Flora Plant Butter Unsalted/Stork Block)
7oz / 200g Caster Sugar
2tsp Vanilla Essence
4 Med Eggs (Free & Easy Egg replacer – 1 egg =1 teaspoon& 2 tablespoon water)
5oz / 140g Gluten Free Plain Flour
2oz /55g Cocoa Powder
3oz / 85g Ground Almonds (Plain Flour if making nut free)
2 tsp Xantham Gum
2 tsp Baking Powder
5oz / 140g D&D Dairy Free Choc Drops
4oz / 115g Dairy Free Butter (Flora Plant Butter Unsalted/Stork Block)
7oz / 200g Icing Sugar
2oz / 55g D&D Dairy Free Chocolate drops
1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1 Box of D&D Dairy Free Chocolate mini eggs and chocolate decoration
1. Prepare your cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
2. Place the room temperature Dairy Free Butter and caster sugar in a bowl and mix together.
3. Add the Vanilla Essence.
4. Have your flour weighed out ready to use.
5. Add the Eggs (or Egg replacer if you're going for Vegan) gradually, adding small amounts of flour so the mixture does not split.
6. Mix in your cocoa powder.
7. The mixture will start to feel quite thick now but keep going
8. Add the Ground Almonds (Additional flour if making nut free)
9. Next add the Xantham Gum, baking powder and Dairy Free Choc drops. Stir to combine but don’t over mix.
10. Spoon in to your prepared cupcake cases generously.
11. Bake for 25 minutes.
12. Allow to cool.
13. While cooling you can prepare the icing.
14. Mix the soft dairy free spread and icing sugar together.
15. Melt the Dairy free chocolate drops and allow to cool a little (you don’t want to melt the butter in your icing!)
16. Add to your icing along with the cocoa powder.
17. Once your cakes are cool, spread the icing on the top and finish off by placing a mini egg on top.
18. Relax and treat yourself to a super chocolate cupcake treat, you deserve it!