Want to Make a delicious Dairy Free Easter Cake? Well we teamed up with an experienced dairy free chef (and soon to be blogger) to bring you this recipe.
For the Cake You Will Need: -
- 300g Vitalite/ Dairy free spread
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Medium Eggs
- 140g Plain Flour
- 70g Cocoa Powder
- 130g Almond (ground)
- 3 tsp GF Baking Powder
- 3 tsp Xantham Gum
- 125g Vitalite/dairy free spread
- 180g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat dairy free spread till smooth and gradually add the sieved icing sugar and vanilla essence, do not over beat as it may split. Put in fridge for an hour before using.
- 125g vitalite/dairy free spread
- 180g icing sugar
- 20g cocoa powder (increase to 50g if you wish it to be darker)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Beat dairy free spread till smooth and gradually add the sieved icing sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla essence, do not over beat as it may split. Put in fridge for an hour before using.
Easter Celebration Cake
Heat the oven to 190c / 170c Fan / Gas 5. Grease three sandwich tins and line the bases with baking paper.
Mix the dairy free spread ,caster sugar and vanilla extract. Beat well to a creamy consistency. Slowly beat in the eggs ones by one, then fold in the flour, cocoa powder and ground almonds.
Once well mixed add the backing powder. Lastly add the xantham gum. Do not over mix this, it acts as a binder. If over mixed your cake batter will become stringy
Divide the mix between the cake tins, put into the oven for 30-40 minutes, until risen. The cakes should bounce back when gently pushed in the middle. Allow the cakes to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, before turning out on a wire rack to allow to cool completely.
While cakes are cooling make the icing for the cake. I like to put the icing in a piping bag for ease.
Select a cake and pipe a small circle of chocolate icing in the middle of the cake, then pipe a circle of chocolate icing on the inner edge ( so you can see the icing when the cake is complete). Place a second cake on top and repeat this process.
Then place the final cake on top. Then pipe the vanilla icing around the edge and then left to right over the cake (to create grooves, the grated chocolate sits nicely if you do this).
Grate the D&D chocolate over the cake and decorate with chocolate chips and Easter eggs.